The tools we use to run and build 37signals 03 Jan 2006
68 comments Latest by John
We get lots of emails asking us what tools we use to build our products and run our business, so I figured we’d just post it to the blog.
- For text editing, HTML, programming, and CSS work we use a combination of TextWrangler, TextMate, and Vim.
- For accounting we use Quickbooks Pro 2006 for Mac (we download our statements from Chase and American Express into Quickbooks).
- For tech support we use Gmail and TypeIt4Me.
- For internal bug tracking we use Trac.
- For managing our email newsletters we use Campaign Monitor.
- For running our blogs we use Movable Type.
- For managing our RSS feeds we use Feedburner.
- For our Basecamp and Backpack forums we use PunBB.
- For computers we use Apple Powerbooks and iMac G5s (we also have a Dell for testing on the PC).
- For our payment gateway we use Authorize.net.
- For our web hosting we use Tilted.
- For designing documents we use Adobe InDesign.
- For instant group communications we use Apple iChat, Skype, Adium, and Campfire.
- For keeping people organized we use Sunrise.
And of course Ruby on Rails powers our apps, Writeboard helps us write, Ta-da List keeps our quick and dirty lists in order, Basecamp helps us manage projects and products, and Backpack helps us all stay dangerously organized.