We’re looking for another support team member! Specifically, we’re seeking a native English speaker in the GMT zone or thereabouts, so our poor Jim doesn’t have to work alone in the UK while the rest of us are snoring soundly!
You’ll be responsible for providing tremendous customer service via email for Basecamp, Basecamp Classic, Highrise, Backpack, and Campfire. You’ll also help us answer questions via Twitter, create and edit help documentation, and maybe run some online classes.
You’ll be expected to answer about 75 emails per day once you’re fully up to speed (2-3 months or thereabouts). This is a significant volume, so be sure that you’re ready and able to deal with that kind of daily load – you’ll get all the love and help you need along the way!
We’re looking for some great writers who love helping our customers, so you should enjoy making complicated situations simple and painless and have a passion for our products.
If you want to join me, Ann, Chase, Jim, Joan, Kristin, Merissa, and Michael in making our customers happy, please apply!
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining:
- Why you want to work in customer support.
- Why you want to work at 37signals and not somewhere else.
- A description of a great customer service/support experience you had recently, and what made it great.
Also, pick three of the questions from customers below and answer them like you would if you worked here:
- Does the new Basecamp offer time tracking?
- Is the new Basecamp offered in any other language besides English?
- I’m interested in your products, but not sure which one is right for me. What’s the difference between Highrise and Basecamp?
- I’ve been a Basecamp Classic user for years and see you have a new version. What’s the difference between the versions, and why should I switch?
- Is there a reporting function in the new Basecamp?
We offer heaps of lovely benefits, plus a progressive work environment. Starting salary is $45k USD, depending on experience.
Email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Customer Support” in the subject line. If you’re attaching a resume, please send it as a PDF. Note: We look favorably on people who get creative with their applications.
We look forward to hearing from you!