“Home” takes you to the top of the page. “End” takes you to the bottom. They’re easier and faster than scrolling all the way up or down a page. I see people scrolling to the top or the bottom an awful lot.

The more I watch people use computers the more I start to think that “Home” and “End” should be bigger, given new positions on the keyboard, or renamed “Top” and “Bottom”.

These keys are usually stacked in the middle of a six key cluster. They’re small and their function isn’t all that clear. You can just press one to see what happens, but I’ve also noticed people don’t experiment with their keyboards. They use the keys they know and avoid the rest.

None of this is a big deal of course, I just wanted to share it. I’ve been observing it a lot lately so I figured I’d toss it out there for comment.