Interactive NY Times graphic. See it in action.
According to “You need this to get a job in journalism,” multimedia experience is becoming increasingly important in newsrooms.
Journalists who can flourish in both the Web newsroom and the print newsroom today:
• Can package the news online.
• Can create original multimedia.
• Have solid journalism credentials.
• Have strong technical skills.
Journalists who expect to get a job will “walk in the door with”:
• A proficiency in Photoshop, HTML and blogging software.
• An understanding of Web publishing systems (content management systems).
• Experience in the production of multimedia — including the use of audio and video editing tools.