Are you reading Derek Sivers’ blog? He’s really been killing it with good posts lately. The “hippie capitalist” (he’s a musician who founded CD Baby) is a master at offering simple advice that delivers real impact.
Some recent examples:
- Let pedestrians define the walkways
- Present one idea at a time and let others build upon it
- The challenge: Don’t speak in future tense
- There’s no speed limit. (The lessons that changed my life.)
- Prob my all-time fave essay of his is Ideas are just a multiplier of execution (which was quoted in Getting Real)
His site also offers detailed notes on books he’s read with a focus on titles about business, investing, and psychology. I’ve found those notes are a perfect match for Instapaper, the iPhone app that lets you read web pages even when you’re offline and saves your place on longer pieces. Together they make a terrific subway reading combo.