We’re looking for one or two more folks to join our support team. Specifically, we’re after some great people in the UK time zone (or close to it) to cover business hours in that part of the world. Launching the all-new Basecamp got a lot of people excited and we want to expand our team to cover business hours in more time zones.
You’ll be responsible for providing tremendous customer service via email for Basecamp, Basecamp Classic, Highrise, Backpack, and Campfire. You’ll also help us answer questions via Twitter, create and edit help documentation, and maybe run some online classes.
You’ll be expected to answer about 75 emails per day once you’re fully up to speed (2-3 months on-ramp). This is a significant volume, so be sure that you’re ready and able to deal with that kind of daily load.
We’re looking for some great writers who love helping our customers, so you should enjoy making complicated situations simple and painless and have a passion for our products.
If you live in the UK (or thereabouts) and want to join Ann, Chase, Emily, Kristin, Merissa, Michael and me in making our customers happy, please apply!
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining:
- Why you want to work in customer support.
- Why you want to work at 37signals and not somewhere else.
- A description of a great customer service/support experience you had recently, and what made it great.
Also, attach the following writing samples:
- Explain in 3 paragraphs or less why a customer would pick Basecamp vs Highrise.
- Respond to a customer asking for project categories in Basecamp that it’s not something we offer, and suggest she work with the project titles and stars to add organization.
- A company using our job board failed to find to find a suitable candidate and wants a refund. Respond that we don’t offer refunds for job postings.
We offer heaps of lovely benefits, plus a progressive work environment. Starting salary is $45k USD, depending on experience.
Email everything to email@example.com. Include “Customer Support” in the subject line. If you’re attaching a resume, please send it as a PDF. Note: We look favorably on people who get creative with their applications.
We look forward to hearing from you!